FUDCon website

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Jul 17 18:58:52 UTC 2011

I've BCC'ed a number of folks who I think should be involved in this
discussion to this post. If you aren't already, please subscribe to the
logistics list (this seemed the best place to me to coordinate these
efforts) to reply. My appologies if you aren't interested in this
dicsussion. ;)

ok. It seems to me we have several groups working in this area, and it
might be a good idea to coordinate.

Groups:

Fudcon Milan 2011 folks
Fudcon India 2011 folks
Event system summer of code folks
Insight folks
Fedora Websites team

Problem/Goals:

Several groups have requested setting up a
http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org/ site for fudcons. Currently all
information and registration is handled in the wiki, but this is
sometimes daunting to some people to sign up on, and doesn't look as
professional as perhaps we would like to point media and such to.

Short term:

I'd like to propose as a short term goal, we setup the above virtual
host, create a landing/front page that explains what fudcons are and
such, and then create subpages for upcoming fudcons with general info
and other static content. I think we could do this in the existing
websites team along with interested folks joining the websites team to
work on their pages. This would all be static content.

http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org -> nice page that explains fudcons.
http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org/milan-2011/ -> nice looking page for
that fudcon
http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org/pune-2011/ -> nice page for this fudcon
etc.

Longer term:

Depending on the status of the events functions in insight, we might
want to just leave things as above until thats ready. If it is going to
take a while to get that in a usable state, we might look at adding
some dynamic functions to the above sites (registration?). I don't know
the status of this or if it will be place in time for the upcoming
fudcons.

Even longer term:

Switch over to the events management setup instead of the static sites
and use that to manage the fudcons (and possibly other events too).
Stop using the wiki to manage these as well.

Thoughts? Comments? Additional things we need to solve that I missed?