FUDCon website

tuxdna tuxdna at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 05:06:06 UTC 2011

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Peter Borsa <asrob at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I suggest, choose COD distribution. http://usecod.com
>> This is a Conference Organizing Drupal distro, see its homepage. But
>> if you want to create an unique instance/installation, please let
>> me/us know and I/we will help you.
>>

> Oh, thanks Peter. COD looks nice. I will give it a try and let you know.

I now believe that COD[1] is what we need to setup our website with.
It has all the features
that we require.

I tried it yesterday evening and found that we can keep track of:
 * Events - like FUDCon Milan, FUDCon India etc, separately on the
same installation
 * Speakers - with their profile
 * Sessions - with attachments ( presentations etc. )
 * Voting for the sessions
 * Parallel Tracks  and Rooms
 * Time Slots
 * Pre-scheduled slots - like lunch/tea break etc.
 * Attendee registrartion
 * Payment ( in case an event is a paid event ) - we won't need it I guess.
 * Scheduling of event across tracks
 * Sponsors
 * and more things that we can explore and use.

Thanks to Peter for pointing me to COD[1]. :)

/tuxdna

[1] http://usecod.com/