FUDCon website

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 18 13:14:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> Longer term:
>
> Depending on the status of the events functions in insight, we might
> want to just leave things as above until thats ready. If it is going to
> take a while to get that in a usable state, we might look at adding
> some dynamic functions to the above sites (registration?). I don't know
> the status of this or if it will be place in time for the upcoming
> fudcons.

Yes, this sounds perfectly reasonable.  My biggest concern is that we
don't have the resources to successfully implement a dynamic site in
time for the FUDCons this year.  I think there's a naive assumption on
the part of some that the Insight team will somehow just take care of
things, and I don't think that is a fair assumption to make.  The
proper way to make sure we can make this happen is for interested
parties to join the insight team and help out with the work there.
Setting up an events system on top of Insight is going to take a lot
of determination and effort, and I'm sure the Insight team would
welcome more hearts and hands in their efforts.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader