FUDCon website

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 18:51:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 1:39 PM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
>> What would it take to convince Red Hat (or try to make the case at
>> least) that the Fedora Project really needs paid infrastructure
>> support to maintain something that would be as important as Drupal?
>
> I think the fact that we have a relatively large group of RHT
> employees dedicated to Fedora infrastructure means that the need is
> acknowledged. As to what that group considers core to their purpose I
> think they largely decide on their own. Whether something is worthy of
> expanding headcount is a different matter and I can't begin to
> guesstimate.

The need to support Drupal is not acknowledged and that is the need I
would like to see addressed. It can be addressed by either expanding
headcount or reallocating existing human resources. I suspect the
latter is the better way to start but if existing resources are
unwilling to reallocate around the inclusion of Drupal I'm not very
optimistic about it ever getting off the ground in a long-term
sustainable way.

John