FUDCon website

Hiemanshu Sharma fedora at theindiangeek.in
Sat Jul 23 03:27:31 UTC 2011

On 7/22/2011 12:31 PM, tuxdna wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Rahul Sundaram<metherid at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 07/18/2011 10:54 AM, tuxdna wrote:
>>> Let us host the static pages immediately. We need hosting space for the same.
>> A number of us had a discussion in #fedora-admin and #fedora-websites
>> and http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org is setup now.  The plan is to use
>> region specific url  such as http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org/APAC for
>> the different FUDCon's and archive them by year later
>> (fudcon.fedoraproject.org/2011/Pune for instance).   Saleem,  you now
>> have commit access to fedora-web.git and can upload content there.  I
>> will work with you on the content and you can reuse the design from
>> Tatica.   If anyone from FUDCon Milan team is interested in this now,
>> let me know  (mether in #fedora-india) and I would be happy to
>> coordinate with you.
>>
> This is really good news. Thanks to all who have put up efforts to make
> it into a good shape. I will make relevant changes to the designs sent by
> Tatica.
I have access too, and can help with anything required.
>> Once the static content is in place, we can reach out to sponsors but we
>> are working on packaging funnel
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Funnel
>>
> Kushal is taking care of that.
>
>> This can handle voting of talks but not many of the other things like
>> COD can.  We can evaluate between these two options later and I will
>> file a RFR when needed.
>>
> Now that we have selected Funnel [1] for voting, and COD[2] will take
> enormous amount of time to put live ( which includes its configuration,
> packaging, review and deployment ),  I will focus on the static web pages.
>
> Later part of the plan is to make a dynamic fedora related events site.
I am working on the Fedora Events System as part of my GSoC project, I
had been away for the last few days (moving to new place and such), but
I'll be back working on it full time and will help with anything that is
needed. The current status is that its about half done, I have got the
events calendar, twitter/fb/fas login working, and a few other things. I
am working on implementing proper registration working, once a user
registers he should get an email with a pdf (or image?) with a ticket,
that he can print out and bring along with it which makes it easier for
the event organizers to handle registrations, or people checking in.

-H