[Insight] Calendar idea

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 1 13:48:04 UTC 2011

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 21:25 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>     * I want to attend the next Fedora Infrastructure team meeting on
>       IRC -- when does it happen?

>     * I want to know when the #fedora-meeting room is free, and put in
>       a reservation when I find an open time.

>     * I want to see a list of important dates like string and feature
>       freezes for the next release.

>     * I want to add an event to the Fedora events calendar and have
>       that entry kick off other things like an eventbox or media
>       request in a Trac.

>     * I want to know when the next Fedora release comes out.
>
>     * I want to know what Fedora events are happening in my geographic
>       region next month.

These use cases are great. The comparison between the status quo and
shiny future are also great and the shiny futures are a good point to
start rough prototype sketches from and run them by users to see if they
make sense. If the users like them, then the step after that would be to
take a look and see how close the technology could get us to them.

> Note that some of these start shading into the areas that Hiemanshu
> wants to cover in his GSoC project.  So I'd REALLY, REALLY like it if
> he and/or Juan (nushio) could be at one of our meetings to discuss, or
> we can set up a special time to do that.  Just need some word back
> from them...

Hiemanshu, if you want some help with prototype sketches of the shiny
future ideas, just let me know and I'm happy to crank some out for you.

I'm also happy to join the meeting, Paul, if you think it would be
helpful but you do seem off to a great start as-is.

~m