[Insight}: To FAD Or Not To FAD?

Peter Borsa peter.borsa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 00:06:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Pascal Calarco <pcalarco at nd.edu> wrote:

> Hi Fedora Insight and FWN teams --
>
> We have a linux festival coming up in Indiana[1] in about three weeks that
> I am coordinating Fedora presence for, and we've talked a bit about having a
> Fedora Activity Day[2] there for Fedora Insight.
>
> I've outlined some ideas we could work on for such a FAD[3].  I will be
> there, and we can likely get funding for stickster from the Community
> Architecture budget.  The question I want to pose to all of you is: what
> should we focus on with a FAD?
>
> There is undoubtedly value in bringing a virtual team together physically
> upon occasion, but we are dispersed rather widely -- Jef in the Netherlands,
> tactica in LATAM, asrob in Hungary, Andreas in Italy, stickster and pcalarco
> in USA.  It also seems that we are mostly behind the packaging & theming
> stages and will hopefully be in production with FWN three weeks from now.
>
> So from my perspective, one area we could really focus on next is planning
> for additional content after FWN, and the FAD could serve a useful purpose
> for this.
>
> Alternatively, we could look at having the FAD further out -- either this
> summer (perhaps at SELF[4] in June?) or in the Fall.
>
> Thoughts?  We need to wrap up the budget by the end of this week, so please
> send your feedback!
>
>  - pascal
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ILF_2011
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD
> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD:Fedora_Insight_2011
> [4] http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org/

Hi!

Sorry but I am unable to go there. There will be a Drupal event, Debrecen
Drupal Days on March 26-27. On March 25 at the evening will be an
organizer's meeting, I will have to go there because I am a co-organizer.
That's why I am doing all Drupal tasks that is need to become public until
March 25.
I would like to meet other team members, I prefer Fall because I have to
earn a lot of money to travel in the USA.

--
Peter Borsa