FW: [ND-LIBLSD-L] Know Puppet?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:33:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 08:53:35AM -0500, Pascal Calarco wrote:
> Fedora Insight team --
>
> I checked with my sysadmin team here to see how much knowledge we
> have with puppet; we've used it to help populate our GFS RHEL
> cluster, but not much beyond that, I'm afraid.  So we may want to
> find some other Infrastructure folk to help with FI puppetization.

Andrea Veri (averi) pinged me on IRC and said he had some Puppet
knowledge.  Andrea, yes we could use your help! :-)

There are a couple patches here for the puppet repo:
http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/temp/0001-Add-unmanaged-files-to-Drupal.patch
http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/temp/0002-Complete-the-list-of-packages-needed-for-Insight.patch

averi, can you:
(1) Confirm the patches are OK :-)
(2) Find out if they can be pushed into the repo while we're in a freeze?
(3) Find out what else we need to do (other than packaging) that
blocks staging at this point.  I think the puppetization is it.

Sound good?