Upstream Release Monitoring for Insight

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:09:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 05:50:43PM +0100, Peter Borsa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to figure out, how to monitoring upstream projects.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upstream_Release_Monitoring
> I am using the drupal modules' RSS feed as URL.
> For example:
> Views module URL: http://drupal.org/node/38878/release/feed
> Regex: views-(.*?).tar.gz
>
> It's working but there are duplicated matches, and I have another
> problem, there is different package name in Fedora. (Fedora package
> name: drupal6-views-2.12-2.el6, upstream: views-6.x-2.12.tar.gz
>
> Any idea, how to fix these problem?

Actually, here's how you could do it.  Just parse the HTML page for
the project.  This has two useful benefits:

1. It downloads a lot less information, just one short HTML page for
the individual project, as opposed to the big listing of everything in
the files/projects/ area upstream.

2. By using the name of the module, you can make this more
programmatic, since you don't need to know a node number on drupal.org
ahead of time.

So, for any project named <name>:

Regex: (?s)Recommended releases.*>6.x-(.*?)</a>.*Other releases

The (?s), by the way, accepts any character including newline, so this
becomes a multiline regex.

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now!  http://.theredhatsummit.com