Feature driven development

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:51:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 01:01:34PM +0200, Peter Borsa wrote:
> Hey!
> I am thinking about that, how to develop our features with Features
> module. I will create a wiki page but I do not know that where can I
> put that?! Under
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight_customizations_to_Drupal link
> or https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_develop_for_Insight.
> Let us discuss this topic, I have a few idea but that is not so
> easy.(We have to write custom code etc-etc.,
> http://bxl2011.drupaldays.org/node/216)
> So, what do you think about this? Any idea?

Here are some general thoughts:

* Where you put the wiki page isn't as important as actually *having*
  one. :-) I would recommend just using a plain-language title, such
  as "Insight development using Features module" and then link that to
  the main [[Insight]] page.  Maybe we need a section there for
  "Workflow" -- feel free to add that.  It's a wiki!

* We should be trying at all times to minimize or eliminate any custom
  code we're maintaining.  At the same time, though, managing using
  Features and a git repo makes devlopment more manageable than just
  having random blobs of code plopped on the server.

Please start with a proposal for how you want to do things.  I find
that's very helpful for starting a real discussion, as opposed to
beginning with a completely blank slate.  Don't worry about whether
your proposal is 100% accurate to start with -- that's why we have
open discussions, to identify problems and fix them. :-)

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now!  http://.theredhatsummit.com