[Insight] Dev instance for drupal 7 Insight

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:37:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 03:13:57PM +0200, Peter Borsa wrote:
> Paul, I would like to know when can we work on our action item ( *
> asrob and stickster to discuss setting up a D7 exemplar on the
> insight01.dev host)?

Hi Peter,

I did a bit of work on this for puppet, but I realize we may have a
bit of difficulty, unless we can get an extra "insight02.dev" host
built up.

The drupal6 definition right now sets "/" as the root of the Drupal
pages. In other words, http://hostname/ ==> Drupal pages.  If we want
to avoid having to spend a lot of time tweaking the mod_rewrite
configurations and worry about possible cookie implications, we should
use a different host for the Drupal 7 test instance.

I'd recommend in the interest of expediency that we ask nirik in our
next meeting whether it would be difficult to get an additional guest
machine set up as insight02.dev.fp.o.