[Insight] Thank-you e-mail

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:55:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:37:05PM +0200, Peter Borsa wrote:
> Hi People!
>
> If you allowed me, I would like to share my last week short story. The
> Hungarian Red Hat partner(1, 2) gave me an opportunity to work for
> them as a drupal developer. The executive director could see on
> various Fedora sites what I am doing. I applied this job that's why I
> would like to say a huge thank you! I thank all of you!
>
> (1) https://www.europe.redhat.com/training/partners.php#HU
> (2) http://redhat.force.com/finder/PFPartnerDetail?id=001300000094XDFAA2

Peter, this is fantastic news!  I'm really happy for you and hope you
enjoy your new job.  If we were able to play some small part in that,
I'm glad about that too.

On another note, I think this would make a great case story about the
common wisdom that a background in open source contribution can be
helpful as part of a CV(*) for employment.  Would you mind if I, or
someone else, were to write a blog entry about this, and included the
information you provided here or a link to this email in the archives?

= = =
(*) curriculum vitae