Insight and Fedora Weekly News

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 02:45:55 UTC 2012

On 30 November 2012 14:28, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 16:02 -0500, Ruth Suehle wrote:
>> What we're looking for now is for someone to shout, "good idea!", "bad
>> idea!", or "I was already halfway through with something like that!"
>> before we continue down the path. "I'd like to help with a beat!" is
>> also a good answer. :-)
>
> Good idea!
>
> Maybe try using WP instead of Drupal though :) IIRC I think issues with
> Drupal are what bogged down the last attempt?

That is kind of news to me. I thought it was the other way (they had
done a WP type and thrown it out and then went to Drupal). What seemed
to kill it to me was Real Life (TM) coming up and slapping a lot of
contributors around at the same time.

I don't mean this that we should keep with Drupal.. both WP and Drupal
are a pain to keep up with due to a large number of addons and
security updates needed to keep them acting the way people want to use
them. This is the case with all the CMS's because as addons are added
the security and other interactions get easier to find exploits.

Looking at later emails in the list.. I would chip in for the hosted
version if they will do the updates to plugins also and we can live
with their menu of available plugins (eg if it is not on the list.. we
aren't getting it.)

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."