[Insight] Yesterday meeting

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 21:54:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:55:45AM -0430, María Leandro wrote:
> Ok, this is a really rough mockup of what I told you guys at Blacksburg.
>

> Front end, easy and simple with links to change month/week/day view and
> categorize by event/meeting/schedule or region. Days with activities are
> highlight and those who has changes or something to take care of have a
> small bubble (or any mark)
>
> http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7145/6771084841_b51f1a1b59_o.png

So the site would put the mark on anything added since the user's last
visit?

> Once someone check the date he want to access, right box (should be ajax)
> will display what's scheduled for that particular day. I though that
> separate them by activity could be a good idea, but also could be just a
> timeline. (even if this might create problems since we have activities done
> at the same time)
>
> http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6771084853_f3a1c238f9_o.png

I like this display a lot, and the categorization.  I think that would
be easier to read than a timeline, because as a user, I'm interested
first in relevant events, then what time they are.

I have zero experience with Ajax but hopefully someone here does. :-)

> Once a user identify which event/meeting/schedule want to know about (in
> this case, meeting) click on the item and goes to a new page where the
> information is display. I add a small *go to webchat* button, since we can
> just add a link to freenode.webchat and forget about add a different
> component
>
> http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7021/6771084865_760b38bc5e_o.png

I love the idea of leveraging the existing webchat on Freenode.  We do
this elsewhere such as in wiki links.  It simplifies things for the
user.  Since we expect the user is not necessarily an experienced
Fedora contributor, this will help them find the right people more
easily.

> What do you guys think? Easy enough?

I don't know about easy, but maybe Peter can make a better estimate?
:-)

Paul