Press Release for Events Page

Rashadul Islam rashadul at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 6 08:16:55 UTC 2012

Hi all,

While working in the announcement beat and news team, I'm just thinking
about a Press Release for Fedora event.

Means, when anyone going to add an events at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents, s/he is able to get a Fedora
Formatted press release automatically besides his/her events which is the
official statement for Fedora.

I remember Ian Weller working on such an idea earlier(
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_write_a_Fedora_press_release), but do
not know if anyone step up further to publish the idea effectively.

Press release helps the Fedora Community to explore to the local media
officially and this might help them to publicize the community locally and
around the world. This is marketing beyond marketing.

I do not know how the idea is but I know it can help the event organizer a
lot.

-Rashadul Islam
GPG KEY: 5557BFAC
Fingerprint=CFB7 CAEC 157A 308A F9CE CE00 3620 8084 5557 BFAC