To get more announce on the announce mailing list?

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 8 12:34:46 UTC 2012

Hi there,

[Should I used the marketing mailing list instead?]

Actually we have got really few announce on the announce mailing list.
This list is used to send some important information to our users.
The last announce is the Alpha release. Which was centuries ago.

Couldn't we come up with a general announce explaining the F18 release slip?
I am sure that many users have no idea why the F18 won't be release this month.

On an other side, couldn't we get more announce on that list? For example,
voting period? Or some other Fedora community important facts... (Yeah,
marketing should have more ideas...).

I know that announce has to be a low traffic mailing list, just few ideas
spotted there.

Also, please note that we changed the start.fedoraproject.org webpage, and it
still have an old announce. Should we remove the one older than a month?

--
Kévin Raymond
(Shaiton)