To get more announce on the announce mailing list?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 13:58:27 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 11/08/2012 06:12 AM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Kévin Raymond
> > <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >> My bad.. That is the Alpha ARM release from the 1st of Nov. Ok,
> >> that is not too
> >> old.
> > Your point is still valid, I think. I'm not sure if voting
> > announcements should be sent there (I can make arguments for either
> > case), but we definitely should come up with a public explanation
> > for
> > the delays.
> Election, voting, release announcements, etc. go to the announce
> mailing
> list.
>
> And there have been multiple mails this month - both about elections,
> about FUDCon NA, as well as the ARM mail...
>
> I would leave it to Jaroslav regarding if he wants to send slip mails
> announce rather than just devel-announce/test-announce; having a more
> formal explanation probably needs to be taken up with marketing to
> begin
> with.

Well, I talked to Nicholas Kesick, he asked me to add announce list to CC
of slip emails sent to [devel,test]-announce lists. I'm ok with that
but I think the format should be a different - as it aims different
target audience. I'm ok to work with marketing on it, the latest slip
really deserves to be explained to the community.

Jaroslav