Call for tester/feedback on fedocal

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Jan 11 16:47:42 UTC 2013

Dear all,

As announced before, over the last months, I have spent sometime working
on a web-application that would allow us to manage calendar: fedocal.

I started with the idea to replace the #fedora-meeting wiki page [1]
which in addition from not being up to date relies on a mediawiki table
which a number of person find really hard to handle/edit.

Additionally it should be able to handle meeting reminder in a
consistent and automated manner.

I also had in mind to be able to have a calendar for the infrastructure,
things like planned outage and all.

I spoke with some person about this at the last FUDCon in Paris and they
told me, it might be interesting to have a calendar also available for
the ambassadors.
Something that could/would replace the Events page [2]. This means that
on the contrary to the #fedora-meeting calendar, the ambassador one can
have several meetings at the same time and that we should be able to
assign them to a region (EMEA/APAC/LATAM/NA).
I took this into account and added the desired functionality to fedocal.

I think I am now close to an alpha release so I would like to call for
tester and feedback.
Do you like it?
Do you find it useful?
What should be added?
What simply doesn't work?

All can go to fedocal's trac:
http://fedorahosted.org/fedocal

If you are interested, I also wrote down some documentation:
http://fedocal.rtfd.org

And of course, fedocal itself:
https://fedocal.dev.fedoraproject.org

It is still a very young project and I am still trying to determine if
we want this and if it fits our needs.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
Pierre