Fedora 20 Alpha Release Readiness Meeting :: Thursday, Sep. 12, 19:00 UTC

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Sep 12 20:13:12 UTC 2013

#fedora-meeting-1: F20 Alpha Readiness Meeting

Meeting started by jreznik at 19:00:05 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2013-09-12/f20-alpha-readiness-meeting.2013-09-12-19.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Purpose of this meeting  (jreznik, 19:00:44)
  * "Before each public release all of the groups participating the
    development of Fedora's next release meet to make sure the release
    is well coordinated."  (jreznik, 19:01:00)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Readiness_Meetings
    (jreznik, 19:01:02)

* Current status  (jreznik, 19:01:18)
  * at the Go/No-Go meeting it was decided to slip one week with release
    date on Sep-24, next Go/No-Go Sep-19  (jreznik, 19:01:59)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/20/Schedule
    (jreznik, 19:02:38)

* Ambassadors  (jreznik, 19:04:21)
  * ACTION: jreznik to sync with sesivany offline for Ambassadors status
    (jreznik, 19:06:29)

* Design  (jreznik, 19:06:49)
  * ACTION: jreznik to sync with Design team offline  (jreznik,
    19:10:41)

* Documentation  (jreznik, 19:10:54)
  * docs is where we expect to be at this point, which is basically not
    much done  (jreznik, 19:13:28)
  * a little bit of a start on RNs and guides progress at their own pace
    (jreznik, 19:13:52)
  * anyone can add info to
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Documentation_beats?rd=Docs/Beats
    (randomuser, 19:15:28)

* FESCo  (jreznik, 19:18:53)
  * FESCo is all set; gnome-software backend stuff sorted out  (jreznik,
    19:20:18)
  * QA involvement for AppInstaller Change is not needed anymore as
    default backend was switched to yum  (jreznik, 19:23:21)

* Fedora Engineering Manager  (jreznik, 19:32:26)
  * ACTION: jreznik to sync with spot offline  (jreznik, 19:34:38)

* Fedora Project Leader  (jreznik, 19:36:13)
  * no new updates from FPL  (jreznik, 19:39:01)

* Marketing  (jreznik, 19:39:07)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F20_Alpha_release_announcement
    (jreznik, 19:41:37)
  * LINK:
    http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-20/f-20-marketing-tasks.html
    (jzb, 19:44:52)

* Infrastructure  (jreznik, 19:48:22)
  * infra in pretty good shape, needs things to sync out  (jreznik,
    19:49:28)

* Websites  (jreznik, 19:49:45)
  * websites are set, only needs the usual things  (jreznik, 19:50:34)

* QA  (jreznik, 19:51:32)
  * more cloud testing coverage is needed  (jreznik, 19:53:00)

* Release Engineering  (jreznik, 19:53:15)

* Open floor  (jreznik, 19:55:04)

Meeting ended at 20:00:04 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* jreznik to sync with sesivany offline for Ambassadors status
* jreznik to sync with Design team offline
* jreznik to sync with spot offline

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* jreznik
  * jreznik to sync with sesivany offline for Ambassadors status
  * jreznik to sync with Design team offline
  * jreznik to sync with spot offline
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)