Fedora 21 Beta Release Readiness Meeting :: Thursday, Oct. 23, 19:00 UTC

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 19:52:42 UTC 2014

#fedora-meeting-2: F21 Beta Readiness Meeting

Meeting started by jreznik at 19:00:53 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2014-10-23/f21-beta-readiness-meeting.2014-10-23-19.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Purpose of this meeting  (jreznik, 19:01:10)
  * "Before each public release all of the groups participating the
    development of Fedora's next release meet to make sure the release
    is well coordinated."  (jreznik, 19:01:11)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Readiness_Meetings
    (jreznik, 19:01:12)

* Roll Call  (jreznik, 19:01:14)
  * LINK: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/readiness   (jreznik,
    19:02:23)

* Current status  (jreznik, 19:03:35)

* Ambassadors  (jreznik, 19:06:11)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/337   (sesivany,
    19:07:58)
  * LINK:
    https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/lets-have-a-party-fedora-21
    (gnokii, 19:11:18)
  * Ambassadors ready for beta, media artwork ticket created, release
    parties call will be sent soon  (jreznik, 19:11:35)

* Design  (jreznik, 19:11:48)
  * banners done, wallpaper not 100% done but will be pushed as update
    (jreznik, 19:13:47)

* Documentation  (jreznik, 19:15:07)

* FESCo  (jreznik, 19:18:11)
  * nothing is blocking Beta from FESCo  (jreznik, 19:19:09)

* Fedora Engineering Manager  (jreznik, 19:19:26)

* Fedora Project Leader  (jreznik, 19:20:11)

* Marketing  (jreznik, 19:21:12)
  * LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F21_Beta_release_announcement
    (jreznik, 19:22:07)
  * holding marketing back, we're good for beta  (jreznik, 19:24:56)
  * release announcement to by published also in Fedora Magazine
    (jreznik, 19:25:24)

* Infrastructure  (jreznik, 19:25:41)
  * Infrastructure should be ready  (jreznik, 19:26:51)

* Websites  (jreznik, 19:27:01)
  * Websites are set, just need the final stuff when we have RC
    (jreznik, 19:27:52)
  * WGs to send updates to websites team if they have new stuff they
    want to promote  (jreznik, 19:31:22)

* QA  (jreznik, 19:31:38)

* Release Engineering  (jreznik, 19:36:09)
  * releng will be okay, go/no-go time is okay too  (jreznik, 19:39:32)

* Documentation  (jreznik, 19:40:38)
  * randomuser invites everyone to review RNs at
    https://fedorapeople.org/groups/docs/release-notes/en-US/ and
    communicate issues or enhancements  (randomuser, 19:43:50)
  * documentation trying to catch up with covering self-contained
    changes at the moment  (jreznik, 19:44:02)
  * netinstall situation has to be documented  (jreznik, 19:44:16)

* Open floor  (jreznik, 19:44:43)

Meeting ended at 19:48:47 UTC.

Action Items
------------