Desktop validation testing: round 1 coming soon!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 00:23:09 UTC 2010

Hi, folks. Further to my earlier email about desktop validation testing
for Fedora 14, here's a note - or a reminder, if you knew already! -
that our first manual test point for the F14 cycle is due on Thursday,
with the Alpha 'Test Compose' (it's a sort of early-warning test build
that gives us some time to sort out any major kinks before we start
building Alpha RCs). When the build is up, Rui He or I will send or
forward you the official announcement, with links to the results matrix
and downloads and so forth. This is just a heads-up so you know it's
coming soon. It's probably worth doing a quick check of Rawhide to see
if there's any huge problems with your desktops which would make the TC
completely untestable, and if so, get 'em fixed before we build it :).
You can get nightly live builds at
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/ if you want to
check quickly without installing Rawhide, though there've been some bugs
lately which broke the booting of live images, so they _may_ still be
unbootable. The nightlies are built and uploaded automatically, and
there are KDE, Xfce and LXDE builds there.

Thanks everyone!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey