disable desktop background in fedora 13 (LXDE)

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Tue Oct 5 13:03:47 UTC 2010

Dear Christoph,

Thanks very much for your e-mail and your suggestions! However, I have
a problem:

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 01:37:49 -0500 Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 04.10.2010, 21:24 -0500 schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> > Thanks, Christoph. I have now subscribed to the lxde fedora mailing
> > list.
>
> Welcome Ranjan, that was quick. :)
>
> > > Edit /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart and change the line that reads
> > > or remove it completely. Instead add a line for xplanet
> > >
> > > @xplanet
> > >

> > I have also added
> >
> > @oclock -geometry -0+0 -tr -fg red -bd red -jewel red
> >
> > to get the oclock autostarted there (and it works). However, I would
> > like to add this clock on all my desktops as well as without the
> > border. Do you know how I can do this using the autostarted feature?
>
> Look into .config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml. If the file does not exist, you
> need to copy over /usr/share/lxde/openbox/rc.xml to that location.
>
> At the end of the file you will find the window matching rules. Add a
> new one for xclock:
>
>   <application name="xclock" class="XClock">
>     <decor>no</decor>
>     <shade>no</shade>
>     <position>
>       <x>0</x>
>       <y>0</y>
>       <monitor>1</monitor>
>     </position>
>     <focus>no</focus>
>     <desktop>all</desktop>
>     <layer>normal</layer>
>     <iconic>no</iconic>
>     <skip_pager>yes</skip_pager>
>     <skip_taskbar>yes</skip_taskbar>
>   </application>
>
> <desktop>all</desktop> is the option you are looking for. You can also
> leave out the options that you already pass to xclock at the command
> line such as position.

The application is called oclock so I replaced the xclock and the
XClock in the above with that. (It did not work otherwise also.)
However, this has no effect on the desktop and other effects that I
wanted.

Could you please try and see if it works for you? I am very perplexed.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan