missing alerts from Osmo in upgrade to F15: LXDE spin

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:45:46 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 14.07.2011, 21:33 -0500 schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> Hi,
>
> A month ago, I upgraded from Fedora 14 to Fedora 15 (LXDE spin). I have
> been using the LXDE spin since Fedora 12. I use Osmo and find it pretty
> adequate for my needs. However, up til Fedora 14, the osmo task manager
> (or whatever it is called) would pop up an alert when the time to do a
> particular task arrived. This pop-up feature appears to be missing or
> has been unwittingly turned off (perhaps by me) in Fedora 15.

Hi,

thanks for your bug report, I hadn't noticed the problem yet.

The first thing I checked is if osmo is still compiled with notification
support. As you can see fro the build logs at
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=223744 it still is
(we had some problems there in the past because I missed the libnotify
requirement). So the package *should* work.

Next thing I'd need to check is whether my patch for libnotify 0.7 is
broken. Before I dive deeper into the code I'd like you to test

      * what notification daemon is installed. Please give me the output
        of $ rpm -q notification-daemon xfce4-notifyd
      * what daemon is actually running. Look it up with e.g.
        $ ps -A | grep notif
      * if you can send messages with
        $ notify-send "Test message"

Regards,