Network manager

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 20:43:22 UTC 2012

Am Montag, den 31.12.2012, 15:05 -0200 schrieb ufa:
> Hello,
> i cannot connect to wireless networks with the lxpanel applet.

Hi,

I assume you are talking about the NetworkManager icon in lxpanel's
notification area, right?

> I can see the networks, but after choosing one of them, it asks for
> password and nothing happens.

open lxterminal, become root with 'su -' and then run 'tail
-f /var/log/messages to find out what's going wrong.

> Do I have to install something else? Or maybe it is a permission
> problem. Should I add my user to a specific group?

Shouldn't be necessary. The only thing worth installing is gnome-keyring
for storing passwords and pam-gnome-keyring to unlock the default
keyring on log in. You are logging in through lxdm, correct?

Kind regards,
Christoph