lxpanel2

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Mon Feb 27 02:24:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 11:10:03 +0900 nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:07:16 +0100
> > Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > will get an update to lxpanel 0.5.8 though (already in
> > updatest-testing for a while).
>
> Does it address the freeze issue? Is it available on F-15? Else, can
> you backport it, once it is in in the stable F-16 repos.

I don't know: I am also interested in lxpanel2 for this (among other
reasons). I don't understand why it is a good idea not to move to
lxpanel2, since lxpanel has for all practical purposes, ceased
development. Of course, Christoph is more knowledgeable about these
issues than many others including me, so I am sure that he has very good
reasons to do so.

Idea/question:  Is it possible to also package lxpanel2, for some of us
to try it, upon changing whatever else requires changing?

Best wishes,
Ranjan