Update on the MailScanner in Fedora packaging situation

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Fri May 22 19:39:01 UTC 2009

13 packages definitely need to be packaged. Mostly perl modules
23 packages already exist. For the most part these are on par or later
versions than mailscanner includes. 2 perl modules look a bit out of
date and we might file bugs requesting an update with the current
maintainers.
4 packages have some very close name matches - so we'll need to check
on the status of those in the source and see if they are really
already existent or also need to be built.

Details here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MailScanner_in_Fedora#List_of_MailScanner_RPMs_Required_and_their_Status_Within_Fedora_-_.28Date_last_edited_-_22.2F05.2F09.29

Anyone want to start staking claims?? We can trade reviews amongst
ourselves and hopefully whittle this list down quickly.