[fedora-my] Fwd: [osa-cyber] MyOSS Meetup December 2008 - Securing your Web API with oAuth by Mohanraj

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:12:04 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz <aizat.faiz at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 19, 2008 5:29 PM
Subject: [osa-cyber] MyOSS Meetup December 2008 - Securing your Web
API with oAuth by Mohanraj
To: announce-list at foss.org.my, foss-my-announce at lists.foss.org.my,
foss-my-ctte at foss.org.my, foss-my at lists.foss.org.my,
meetups-announce at lists.foss.org.my, myoss at lists.foss.org.my,
ossig at mncc.com.my, ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com,
osa-cyber at googlegroups.com, mypenguin99 at yahoogroups.com,
utp-oss at googlegroups.com, oscc-discuss at lists.oscc.org.my

 From http://foss.org.my/meetups:

 Securing your Web API with oAuth by Mohanraj

 oAuth attempts to provide a standard way for developers to offer their
 services via an API without forcing their users to expose their
 passwords (and other credentials). Using oAuth applications, either
 desktop or other web based, would be able to share information in a
 simple but secure manner.

 In this talk I plan to cover an introduction to the oAuth protocol, as
 well as a practical implementation of an oAuth consumer application
 (client side) and  an oAuth service provider (server side).

 About the Speaker
 Mohanaraj works as a software developer at Logistics Consulting Asia,
 where open technologies such as oAuth and Atompub are key to solving
 their integration challenges.
 When

 Thursday December 4th 7:30pm
 What - Meetup Agenda:
 7:30pm - 7:45pm Opening by the Organizer
 7:45pm - 8:45pm Talk
 8:45pm - 9:00pm Break
 9:00pm - 9:30pm Break out sessions

 Cost:
 Free. No registration required, just come right in, have a seat, and
 join the crowd.

 Contact:
 Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz
 aizat.faiz at gmail.com
 +6 017 690 8783

 Where:
 Ground Floor, Dataran Kewangan Darul Takaful,
 No 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman, 50000
 Kuala Lumpur,
 Malaysia

 Tel: +603 2711 0438 (GL)
 Tel: 1300 300 238 (Hotline)

 Praying facilities are available on the campus.

 About MyOSS Meetups:
 This meetup is possible due to the support and facilities provided by
 Asia e-University

 --
 aizatto - sleep, to the power of z -_-;;^zzz
 http://foss.my - FOSS.my Nov 8-9

 FOSS.my 2008: http://foss.my
 OSA-Cyber: http://osacyber.wordpress.com
 http://groups.google.com/group/osa-cyber

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru
天野晃 「あまの ひかる」
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MohdIzharFirdaus
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331