[fedora-my] Fedora Support Directory

Johann Amin johann at akiss.com.my
Thu Sep 18 08:10:51 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Long have I searched for an answer that has haunted me incessantly every
time I propose Linux/Fedora to prospects at meetings. My age old
unanswered question: "Who else can we get support from?". This is almost
always followed by: "Any IT company we call now can support Windows." or
"So far, nobody seems to know of this Linux.".  And usually finishes off
with: "I don't feel confident lah!" or "What if tomorrow you close shop?
What will happen to us?".

As such, I was thinking if all interested parties could put together a
directory of Linux/Fedora supporting companies or professionals so that
when such a question arises, then we can say: "Here [Mr.|Ms.] XXX, this
is a list of companies & professionals that support Linux/Fedora in
Malaysia. Please feel free to contact any one of them for a second
opinion.".

I hope that this will eventually benefit all of us Linux professionals
as I believe such scenarios are not just isolated cases that only I've
encountered.

Regards,
Johann