[fedora-my] [events] MDeC event - More info

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:58:29 UTC 2009

Welcome to the list rafe :D ..

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Syamsul Anuar <wariola at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> from Ubuntu Malaysia mailinglist.
>
> P/S: Rafe, I'm Anuar from Vastalux. We met during last month FOSS meetup
> and have our nasi lemak together with the community at Bangsar. Suggest
> you can subscribe to our mailinglist too :p (if u haven't done so).
>
> Ok, Message as follows. Let the discussion begins.
>
> -Syamsul Anuar / Wariola-
>

>> Assalamualaikum Semua,
>>
>> First and foremost let me take this opportunity to extend my
>> congratulation to mypenguin99 for their 10 years anniversary. Without
>> the hard afford that each and every one of you has put in the younger
>> generation will not know of the existence of "penguin developer".
> Again
>> Congratulation and I wish you all that there would be another good 50
>> more years to come.
>>
>> If you permit me, I would like to take this golden opportunity to
>> introduce myself, saya Rafe daripada Multimedia Media Development
>> Corporation (MDeC) under the caretaker of Ministry of Science and
>> Technology Malaysia. And I have been trusted to oversee the
> development
>> and growth of Open Source industry, business and community in
> Malaysia.
>> Cikgu Haris if you don't mind I would like to elaborate a little bit
> the
>> on the MSC Open Source Convention 2009...
>>
>> MSC Open Source Convention 2009 (MSCOSCon) adalah inisatif MDeC dan
> juga
>> komuniti-komuniti di Malaysia bertujuan untuk memperkenalkan kemampuan
>> Malaysian Developer dan komuniti Malaysia to the eyes of the world. As
>> you well aware MDeC is a none profit organization and we're not a
> vendor
>> centric company and our objective is pure just to promote the Malaysia
>> developer of the full potential of the Open Source Industry. To the
>> afford we will provide you with the space, the speakers the
> opportunity
>> to explore to the full potential of your good self and many more.
>>
>> This convention is sub divided into 3 track, and it aims the whole
>> ecosystem of the open source, one of the track as what Cikgu haris has
>> mention it sole purpose is to aim fully on the developer, "show &
> tell"
>> concept where another developer share their experience and knowledge
>> with a another fellow developer where it come in combination of
>> language/database/calibration tools and many others which we will
> leave
>> it to you to decide. We seek your partnership in this convention to
>> share your industry expertise in Open Source development and showcase
>> your support for both the community and the developers. This
> convention
>> InsyaAllah akan menarik minat kepada genarasi muda untuk mencari
>> informasi tentang Open Source dan peluang untuk menerajui bidang ini
> dan
>> juga peluang dilatih dan diajar on 'GURU-GURU' seperti anda semua.

+1 on "show and tell" track :D

>> Ini sahaja yang saya boleh kongsi bersama setakat ini. Seperti yang
>> diberitahu oleh Cikgu Haris kami masih menyiapkan kertas kerja untuk
>> pembentangan pihak atasan. InsyaAllah dalam masa 2 minggu kami akan
>> umukan secara umum.
>>
>> And I humbly ask that we stand together united. Under one flag and
>> unified as one and we could conquer the world. :)
>>
>> Please tune in for more exciting news.
>>
>> Terima kasih semua.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Rafe Azsnal
>> Global Profiling and Portfolio Manager.
>> Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC)
>> DID : +603.8315.3143 ? ?Mobile : +6019.266.3835

So #fedora-my .. any stuff we would like to do on that day ? .. of
course, besides giving away free CDs ..

My ideas:

-> booth for fedora-my ... of course with the usual free CD,
brochures, posters, and LiveUSB creation station .. if booth big
enough, maybe we can bring a LAN fedora mirror there and create some
how-to-install fedora workshop ..

-> get our ass involved in the "show & tell" track .. some talk on how
to use specific technologies developed under the Fedora brand or the
Fedora family .. eg: RPM Packaging / Contributing to Fedora / Func /
or something

-> any other suggestions??

and a little lessons learnt from our mistake in FOSS.my, this time
around , we need people to be assigned to the booth and stuff .. or
we'll end up with everyone helping the main event and the fedora booth
abandoned (nonetheless, i doubt this will happen considering the event
is not foss.my :P) ..

(p/s: wariola, do we have enough time to apply for the Fedora APAC funding?)

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru  天野晃 「あまの ひかる」