[fedora-my] [HSKL] Hacking the Grant system for Fun & Profit

Ahmad Zulkarnain sniffit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 23:40:56 UTC 2010

  Hacking the Grant System talk by Dinesh Nair (@alphaque) & Chris Leong
from Cradle.
*
"Grants* are funds disbursed by one party (Grant Makers), often a
Government Department, Corporation, Foundation or Trust, to a r
<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/recipient>ecipient, often (but not
always) a nonprofit entity, educational institution, business or an
individual. In order to receive a grant, some form of "Grant Writing"
often referred to as either a proposal or an application is usually
required."

A special session about the grant system in Malaysia & using it for
profit as proposed by @alphaque and @spoonfork as a result from this
tweet <http://twitter.com/alphaque/status/19631513589> followed by this
<http://twitter.com/spoonfork/status/19631698456> and other subsequent
tweets after that.

Dinesh Nair a.k.a @alphaque from alpahque.com, will be speaking on just
the general difference between grants, funding, pre-seed, mezzanine and
others.

Chris Leong from Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd , will be speaking on pre-seed
funding (up to RM200K) for early stage projects. Perfect for individuals
who may want to commercialize their business ideas and requiring initial
funding.

/Cradle Investment Programme (CIP) is a fund provider managed by Cradle
Fund Sdn Bhd, under the auspices of the Ministry of Finance (MOF). CIP
funds groups of innovative individuals and researchers with
technology-oriented ideas and transforms their raw ideas (pre-seed
funding level) into commercially viable ventures. More details on CIP
//available //here <http://cradle.com.my/cms/home.jsp>./

This event is Free and open to members of the public. Please fill the
sign up form
<http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dG1qLWtvbEkyd2cweDNwbU85OEFYcWc6MQ>
if you are interested to attend.

Directions to HackerspaceKL? See them here
<http://www.hackerspace.my/resources/how-tos/getting-to-hackerspacekl> and
for any inquiries drop us a line at our mailing list
<http://groups.google.com.my/group/hackerspacekl> .