[fedora-my] ATT: Possibility of FUDCon in Malaysia or Singapore

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:18:13 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As per the last Ambassadors APAC meeting, there are suggestions to do
a FUDCon in the SEA region. Several regional ambassadors seems to be
interested to do it at Malaysia or Singapore due to our location which
is practically the center of APAC.

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-03-19/apac.2011-03-19-04.09.html

Therefore, I'm buzzing this mailing list to gather information on how
interested y'all to contribute your time in making a FUDCon Malaysia
happen. Take note that in order to do a FUDCon, we will need several
people to contribute A LOT OF time to lead, plan, organize, and drive
it.

In order to apply , the team will need to bid for the FUDCon :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process

Once a bid is successful, the team will need to organize it following
the schedule of the FUDCon organization process of which will use up
your time up to 15-25 hours per week and prepare a budget:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_organization_process
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_budget_template

This requires a lot of time and commitment, and if nobody want to take
the lead on this, I would prefer it be organized at the country where
its team have time and commitment for it. I personally able to help
out in planning and organizing, however I am not capable of leading it
due to other commitments, so somebody else will need to step forward
to lead it or just pass this chance to other country.

Regards
http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331