[fedora-my] Fedora Meetup April 2011

Harisfazillah Jamel linuxmalaysia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:02:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Seatux <seatux86 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can save on co-ordination time, if we #fedora-my decide to join the Debian
>> fellows. But nak meetup kat mana ni?
>
> Anywhere works for me. Plus, Fedora15 is one of the first major
> distros which adopt GNOME3 as the default desktop in a release, so
> GNOME3 release party is of Fedora interest to participate in

The Release party is combine of OpenSuse Debian and Gnome3. At Macd
Ampang Park 9 Apr 2011. Detail Fazli already email. Please register if
want to join the party so we can order more foods.

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Slaya Chronicles - Geeko Acolyte
> <msiantuxlover at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Another Fedora taliban. I am sure you know what Haris meant....
>
> u being someone who do a lot of sarcasm, i'm sure you know its a
> sarcastic joke.
>
>> Although I am unsure if we have any organised groups for CentOS or RHEL in MY.
>
> organized group in MY? .. theres no organized group for Fedora neither
> .. its a disorganized bunch of individuals ..
>
> CentOS, i'm sure you can find them in the main mailing lists if you
> spam around .. they simply didnt have a regional mailinglist .. RHEL,
> the community are the RHEL clients .. which can be considered another
> large community on its own..

Haiya ... Jangan gaduh2lah.. Kita semua kawan. We are all RPM maaa.

Im OK with jokes, critics and sarcasm. Don't worry about that.

My opinion, to create another group for RedHat and Centos users, very
small users for Malaysian, like wasting resources, later its will die
out. I just want them to know, their is a Fedora community. Same RPM
base, same structure and same configuration of doing things.

I do meet numbers of RH and Centos users and OSCC MAMPU products still
base on RPM, to be run on Centos and RH. Last time I do expose govt IT
officers to CentOS and later RH.

But, talking about Centos and RH in Fedora list. also not suitable.
This list for Fedora.... Fedora versions of software are more advanced
and bleeding edge. Most of the time, solution in Fedora may not
suitable for CentOS and RH.

Opp. Back to meetup topic ok....