Fedora on redhat.com

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Tue Jul 13 22:11:36 UTC 2004

www.redhat.com ?

> The Fedora page will be a positioning paragraph much like:
>
> "Fedora is a Red Hat sponsored, community-developed..." blurb we usually
> use, but we'll be adding a small widget of links to resources. I thought
> it could link into the FAQs and Download section, but also to some of
> the tertiary sites (fedoralegacy, linuxquestions.org etc).

Shouldn't the links be kept at the fedora.redhat.com site? And the new
URL that points there should be used, rather than keeping a few links
sitting on www.redhat.com itself ?

> What should those sites be? These would be unofficially official (whilst
> still being officially unofficial), so they should be 4 or 5 sites we're
> the most comfortable pointing folks at.

Fedora Legacy - www.fedoralegacy.org
Fedora Unofficial FAQ - www.fedorafaq.org *
FedoraNEWS.ORG - www.fedoranews.org
FedoraForums - www.fedoraforums.org

* - should we start taking the effort to getting the Fedora Docs project
to organise the FAQ, i.e. we consolidate it to our main site at
fedora.redhat.com ? Gives us better stature, works better for the
project in general, and we'll have to do it eventually (even if its a
few years down the line) as newbies will want to know where to get
information ASAP - remember, throughout the install, they see links to
"fedora.redhat.com" (or its new equivalent)

Also, from a usability standpoint, a newbie might go, "what's a FAQ?".
So we should try "Frequently Asked Questions" as a link on the main site
(rather than unofficial FAQ)...
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi