Quick question for wiki section.

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Aug 3 18:01:47 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 10:16 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
>

>>N-Man explained to me (on IRC) that FooGroup has special meaning in
>>MoinMoin, so I withdraw my concerns.  Otherwise, everything I wrote is
>>what he has in mind, so we are all good.
>>

>The Group page basically is for ACL assignment.  It doesn't really serve
>any other purpose.  So unless you want to restrict your marketing pages
>to be edited by an even smaller group of people (those that are in
>EditGroup _and_ MarketingGroup) and you want to have an admin level
>person maintain ACLs on all your page, I would recommend against
>creating this page.

Although there are no plans to start using ACLs for Marketing at this
time, the page can serve other purposes, including just tracking who is
contributing.  There may come a time when having ACLs is needed, and it
would be easier to already have a list ready if that day comes.
MoinMoin might eventually also have other features built around its
group tracking, and such a page could also help in that case.  The real
purpose in having the page now is simply for tracking contributors.  The
use of the *Group name simply allows for future implementation of group
features.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com