Update: Fedora logos

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 18:32:15 UTC 2005

Minutes from today's RH logo meeting:

---

In today's meeting Greg gave us the lowdown on why a Fedora logo is
needed.  We discussed the logo suggestions made by the community.  The
Fedora as an element idea is by far the most interesting one suggested so
far. Also the lowercase F seems like a good idea as it suggests an
informal, less enterprise and business like brand. Everyone agreed that we
should keep the dark blue color scheme but possibly add a secondary color.
And finally we agreed that creating a new mascot (like a puppy) probably
isn't a great idea.

Matt and Caroline are going to attempt a few logos over the next two
weeks and present drafts at our next meeting. In addition, they will
give examples of what some of the sub-brands would look like, such as
Fedora Extras, Fedora Foundation, and Fedora Users & Developers
Conference.

---

So when we've got the drafts, we'll present for further review and
discussion.

Thanks for everyone's help and input so far.

--g