Someone's missing the point...it's us.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 13:18:47 UTC 2005

HI

>1) Stop spending time on decisions that we don't get to make, e.g..
>logos  - it's just an example, but there will be more like it.

Logos is a particularly bad example in my opinion since Greg can only
convince Red Hat that there is a real interest in the logos from the
discussions here. Red Hat tells "No logo " decision. No discussions
follows and no logo argument is ever presented to Red Hat. Thats self
defeating but we could have started out with defining that "No hat" rule
for instance.

>2) Build a plan that's actionable, i.e. one that Red Hat's real
>marketing team will allow us to execute.  Ultimately, any real chances
>that we want to take must be approved.  Red Hat 2005 isn't the Red Hat
>of 1998, and we don't have real autonomy

This is defining the goals and outlining limitations.

>3) Market with information, not just hats and t-shirts.  Make it cds,
>books, dvds, etc.  Organize speakers for LUGs.  Be one.  That's what
>they really need!
>
>That's just for starters.

Thats a good idea but I expect the formation of a foundation to have a
significant impact in funding which determines what could be done.  right?

regards
Rahul