Someone's missing the point...it's us.

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Fri Aug 12 17:48:01 UTC 2005

> Hi
>
> >"Home desktops that you maintain for other people" is definitely another
> >common use case.  Personally I feel that Fedora is currently less suited
> >to this than some other distros.  For example, the quantity of updates
> >is problematic for systems with dial-up connections.
> >
> We cant really reduce the number of updates without changing the design
> of the project.

I'm not suggesting that we do - it's just a design choice that suits the
aims of Fedora but (IMO) makes it less suited to the case that Thijs
mentioned.  Frequent updates is probably a good talking point for other
cases, like "hobbyist desktops" and "OSS developer workstations".

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA