fedora websites

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 18:48:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> > I don't see how we can translate the Wiki, considering how often it
> > changes.
>
> Seems like another good argument for two sets of data: static data, that
> is translated into every language we can think of; and dynamic data, which
> remains English-only.

Dynamically generated pages can be translated at least partially - e.g. a
CGI that generates tables is actually not that hard to deal with.

The biggest problem is not really dynamically generated pages, but plain
old text that changes rapidly. We just need a system for handling that
(so that, for example, translators don't translate documents in progress),
and a group of translators with enough capacity to handle the needs of the
project.

Best,
-- Elliot
Pioneers get the Arrows. Settlers get the Land.