mentors

Marc Wiriadisastra marc.w at smlintl.com.au
Wed Aug 17 01:13:24 UTC 2005

> Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>
> >>It would be good to start a fedora-mentors list and see if it works. We
> >>dont risk much by that effort.
> >>

> >A mailing list is sort of already an environment of mentorship by
> >committee, isn't it?  Are we talking about more of a one-on-one
> >relationship?  Perhaps we're better off with a simple mechanism for
> >matching mentors and mentees.  Maybe we do something like...
> >
> >1. Build a simple wiki page with a couple of paragraphs talking about why
> >a mentor program is valuable and useful.
> >

> Done. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors
>
> >2. A sign-up page for prospective mentors, where they describe what
> >they're good at.
> >
> >3. A sign-up page for prospective mentees, where they describe what skills
> >they're looking to improve.
> >

> We really need to advertise that there is a oppurtunity first. I am not
> sure how the sign up process is supposed to work. Do you mean other wiki
> pages?

My apologies for not replying sooner I've been traveling for a last few
days and I didn't expect any response.  Anyways I *should* be at the
next meeting 1am my time.  Can someone double check the GMT time so I
can be sure its the correct time.

Anyways on a side note I like the wiki page except I don't know where to
sign up for the mailing list.  Also can we add links to other resources.
So that someone who IS interested can at least turn around and look for
further information so we don't get someone asking what I need to
download to start packaging a software. Or how do I submit a package or
how do I write up documentation.  Or if someone has written
documentation yet the formatting is wrong.

I think personally most people are pretty good and that they would be
happy to do research but questions specific to certain instances is
where they would ask questions.  IMO of course.

Regards,

Marc