Logo -- dog, tag (with element), but no hat?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 02:23:23 UTC 2005

Hi

>Especially under these context:
>  http://www.fedora.redhat.com/about/trademarks/
>  http://www.fedora.redhat.com/about/trademarks/guidelines/
>
>If Red Hat is going to give up control of the trademark, I still _fail_
>to see the difference.  If Red Hat is going to assert it cannot allow
>another use of a "hat" in a logo by the Fedora Foundation or whatever
>entity that "owns" its governance, then how can it assert the use of
>even the word "Fedora(TM)" outside of Red Hat's control at all?

The Fedora trademark guidelines you can provide above are different from
the other Red Hat trade mark (which includes Shadow man)  guidelines
http://www.redhat.com/en_us/USA/Home/Company/Company+Profile/Trademark+Information/

Red Hat or Fedora Foundation or whoever is the enforcing entity can
grant more freedom to the Fedora related trademarks to encourage the
community to use them in more flexible ways

regards
Rahul