Logo -- saving the Fedora Foundation from its name ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Aug 24 02:37:57 UTC 2005

> I can see that you are not a lawyer. Red Hat has several.

Yes, and has anyone brought up the future of the mere word "Fedora" with
them?!?!?!

> You are beating a dead horse anyway.

No, this is a _different_ horse.  Read on ...

> Let it go. "No hat" has been a decision that has already been made.

But what about "no Fedora""?!?!?!  That's what I'm getting at!

> No amount of bickering is going to change that

I'm not bickering, I'm SAVING THE FEDORA FOUNDATIONS @$$!

And at what point is the word "Fedora(TM)", no longer under the control
of Red Hat ... and to quote you ...

   "Red Hat or Fedora Foundation or whoever is the enforcing entity
    can grant more freedom to the Fedora related trademarks to
    encourage the community to use them in more flexible ways"

... being used "too flexible" to the point where people can use anything
related to hats, then turn around as show "Fedora" as an example
_independent_ of Red Hat's control?

And if the answer is that Red Hat empowered Fedora to use the word, then
what the heck is the difference?

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com