Logo -- saving the Fedora Foundation from its name ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Aug 24 02:39:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 21:37 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Yes, and has anyone brought up the future of the mere word "Fedora" with
> them?!?!?!
> ... being used "too flexible" to the point where people can use anything
> related to hats, then turn around as show "Fedora" as an example
> _independent_ of Red Hat's control?
> And if the answer is that Red Hat empowered Fedora to use the word, then
> what the heck is the difference?

Or, worse yet, what if Red Hat Legal says ... "oh shit, we can't allow
the Fedora(TM) trademark to be used because it opens up a loophole to
Shadow Man?!"

That's what I'm talking about!
Years down the road, the names gotta get changed.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com