Fedora Tour

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 18:10:04 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

>On 12/12/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>It would be good to have a tour on Fedora in general highlighting the
>>unique features as well as a more targeted version of it for Fedora Core
>>5 before its released to get more users interested?. What am I looking
>>for is a series of screenshots or screencasts (
>>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting )  with simple explanations
>>or voice overs.  Anyone want to get involved on that?
>>

>Is there a requirement that the tour videos must be produced using
>tools inside Fedora and will there be a requirement that the tour
>videos work out of the box on a default Fedora Core install?

Yes. We want to use free formats and formats supported by a stock
installation of Fedora would be useful but if you are doing say a cast
on migration for Windows users then a proprietary format might be
acceptable. I would like to hear more opinions on that.

>And what exactly do you plan to do to encode the audio track?  The
>contributed instructions on the wiki for voice encoding rely on
>applications from outside the Fedora tree.  From my understanding this
>is pretty tricky to do well.

I dont particularly care about the tools being used to produce the
screencasts as long as the result is viewable on Fedora. Of course if it
can be done using software provided within Fedora itself thats a
advantage.  The audience is as wide as users not used to computers or
people involved with other platforms or a different distribution of
Linux.  Its not a comparison. Merely a show of what would be interesting
in particular but not limited to client users

regards
Rahul