FUDpub?

Patrick Paul patpaul at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 2 19:24:29 UTC 2005

Paul Stauffer wrote:
>>Sorry to be a pain, but the United States has restrictions on those
>>being under-21 years of age from attending a pub (I believe)
>>
>>If we do hit a pub, can we find a friendly one, that will allow those
>>that are under-21 years of age to get in, even if its not to serve
>>alcohol (but Coca Cola)?
>

> Not a problem; most pubs in Massachusetts will still admit under-21 folks.
> They usually don't ask for ID unless you order alcohol.

My experience in the Boston pub scene, which is quite extensive, is that
under-21 folks will not be getting into any pubs on a Friday.  The pubs
will be too busy, the carding will be done at the door.

>>But yes, Paul, go ahead, organise it. It'll be informal, and we're going
>>to do signups soon, so we'll have better numbers later. Post-FUDCon
>

> Cool.  Once we have some idea of numbers, I'll check around at a few nearby
> places and make sure they wouldn't mind a large influx of geeks on a Friday
> evening. :)

The last time I had an under-21 friend in town, a couple of years ago,
the only place that worked out was Jillians.  It's a bit flashy, but a
side benefit for all attendees from out of town is that they can walk by
Fenway Park, which is right across the street.

--
Patrick Paul
Systems Administrator
patpaul at mit.edu