FUDpub?

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Thu Feb 3 14:56:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 02:30:10AM -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> As I recall, there's a really nice Irish pub on Beacon, somewhere around
> the 900 block or so -- anyone know the one I'm talking about?  Is it far
> from where we're meeting on Friday?

Not sure if you're thinking of O'Leary's (1010 Beacon St) or An Tua Nua
(formerly Rira, 835 Beacon St).  O'Leary's is a very nice Irish pub, but
probably wouldn't have room for us at that time (but I'll ask when I have
some estimate of numbers).  An Tua Nua is less of a traditional Irish pub
(though they try), but has the benefit of being much larger, and is usually
virtually empty until 9-10pm on Friday nights.

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>
Manager of Research Computing