Logos: everybody wants one but nobody seems to have any constructive comments. (was Re: Cool Fedora schwag idea)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:16:41 UTC 2005

On 7/1/05, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/1/05, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> > I understand the reasoning for "no hat" (this does not means I agree)
> > but this have not stopped me to try a different hat, a more abstract
> > one: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/simple_hat.png
>
> Anyway at all you can make an abstract hat  out of stylized versions
> of the F and C characters, and have it still look like a hat? I've
> utterly failed in any attempt.

Here's one of my attempts at using an F and C  to make a "hat"
http://jef.is-a-geek.com/F-C-hat.png    the F and C are standing upright
http://jef.is-a-geek.com/F-C-hat2.png  rotated 90 degrees into a "hat"

again.. its rough..  but I think i can get an equally rough "hat"
using an L for legacy or an E for extras instead of the C.

Something like this gives us the abstract hat without it meaning to be
a hat at first glance and might be able to pass the "no hat" criteria.

-jef