the name "fedora"

Thilo Pfennig tp at alternativ.net
Mon Jul 4 12:48:34 UTC 2005

Am Montag, den 04.07.2005, 07:47 -0400 schrieb Greg DeKoenigsberg:

> The name Fedora is staying.  It's not really a point of discussion.  Don't
> take it personally.  :)

I think I have misinterpreted something and also was not clear with what
I was writing: I do not want to change the name now. What i was trying
to say is that I would find it arrogant if one would say: The name is
Fedora, english speaking people have no problem with that and if it is
offensive in other languages (where we do not have any indication right
now) that would not let us rethink.

I am very sure if there would be indications that the name would be
offensive Red Hat would change the name immediately. I guess nobody
wanted to say that Fedora is only ment for native english speakers.

Thilo

--
this content is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/de/