Fedora review

Thilo Pfennig tp at alternativ.net
Wed Jul 20 16:23:40 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 19.07.2005, 00:08 -0400 schrieb Christopher Aillon:

> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems
> >

> But obviously they weren't answered for the review author.  So there
> is a problem in our getting the message out.  What good is the wiki if
> its not helping our users?

I think what lacks is a solution. It is ok for Fedora to not distribute
MP3 stuff. What i would like to see is to have an installer for enabling
external yum repositories. So like from up2date one could choose: "add
external sources". The list could be updated via web - and then there
would be no problem, because only the enabling software is distributed.
I do not understand why this opportunity is not provided. I guess this
could be very easy.

I think in marketing the answer not always should be RTFM but do
soemthing about things that are obviously problematic. So some
discussion from marketing to development.

--
http://www.alternativ.net/~vinci
Jabber: vinci at jabber.org