legal issues (was: Fedora Review)

Thilo Pfennig tp at alternativ.net
Mon Jul 25 09:13:00 UTC 2005

Am Samstag, den 23.07.2005, 10:29 -0400 schrieb Jeff Spaleta:

> Feel free to be as flippant as you want.. thats not going to change
> the fact that there are real legal issues here that Red Hat as the
> managing entity needs to be careful of.

Ok, but where do we stop? Is Red Hat banning packages from distribution
and content that is illegal in Russia or Italy? Would it be a good idea
to ask the user on installation where he lives? The installer than could
than have a different setup for different countries (another sort of
localization). I do not like this direction, because things get split
up. Debian also had repos they called "non-us". They had higher
enrcyption bit sizes etc.. Did anyone consider that?

Thilo

--
blog: http://www.alternativ.net/~vinci
license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/de/