Getting down to business

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 1 20:25:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 17:05 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> Folks,
>
> As Fedora continues to become more and more real, it's clearly time to
> figure out what role the Fedora marketing team needs to play.  There will,
> of course, be some issues to be negotiated around what the Fedora
> marketing team can and cannot do based on Red Hat policy -- but:
>
> a. There's plenty of things that a Fedora marketing team *can* do, now;
> b. Fedora marketing should be pushing Red Hat to help define those limits.

Hey,

First of all I would like to say that it has been a great pleasure
working with Colin over the past few months, and I know that his strong
vision and leadership will help make the most out of the marketing
project.

The one suggestion I have right now is, and I've spoken to the RH
videographer about this, perhaps the time has come to make a Fedora
Project video, similar to the videos Red Hat has up on the site now
about a variety of topics, such as truth happens.  The suggestion
actually came from the videographer, and he stated that although Fedora
is crucial to RH, not too much open marketing like that is done.  I
don't think it would hurt, especially given the new videography intern
to try and get something like this done. Anyone agree?

Jack